Personal Information We Collect
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd collects personal information, such as:
- identity particulars ie: your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and drivers licence number;
- make and model of vehicle, vehicle registration number, VIN, engine number, year of manufacture, vehicle body type and colour;
- credit card information;
- information we collect from you for providing our goods and services to you, or when assessing , processing and managing your order;
- records of communications with Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd
- personal website usage information.
Collection and Managing Personal Information
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd will generally collect and use your personal information for the primary purpose of:
- Neale Goad Automotive general business activities and functions;
- communicating with you, including responding to customers’ inquiries about goods and services and applications and accounts;
- meeting our legal and regulatory requirements;
- conducting, improving and developing a business relationship with you;
- marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving our website.
Personal information is only collected:
- if necessary for Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd general business activities and functions;
- by lawful and fair means; and
- where practicable, only from the individual concerned or from a person acting or authorised to act on the individual’s behalf;
- will be kept as long as necessary as required by law.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- the right of access to the information;
- the identity and contact details of the organisation we have collected the information from;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information.
Use of Information
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd may use and disclose your personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which the information was collected
- where you would reasonably expect this;
- where you have consented to us using your personal information for other purposes;
- to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights; and
- for direct marketing by Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd includes its contact details in any direct marketing.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd is authorised under Australian Laws to ensure users identify themselves with appropriate identification documentation ie: drivers licence, to enable the processing of your application.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd will ensure that the information collected from you is protected and will do everything reasonably within its power to ensure the prevention of unauthorised use or disclosure of the information. Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd protects your personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format, and by appropriate physical and communications security. The website is enabled with secured online purchasing through secure (SSL) technology. All information provided will be encrypted for your protection.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
All online credit card transactions performed on the Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd website using the SecurePay Online Payments system, comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). This is governed by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.
All payments are processed in Australian Dollars.
The following security measures are applied to these payments
- All payments are automated with an immediate response;
- Your complete credit card number can not be stored by Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd or any outside party;
- All transactions are performed under an SSL Certificate
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within the SecurePay data centre
- SecurePay is an authorised third party processer for all the major Australian Banks’
- SecurePay at no time touches your funds
- All monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the account held by Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd does not sell, license, rent or disclose any personal information collected from you for any secondary purposes, marketers or third parties unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
Using our Website
As with most websites, when you visit the Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd website or use an application on the Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd website, we may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
The Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd website may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd. Please note that the Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd website does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd does not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers or Medicare numbers) to identify individuals.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Neale Goad Group website, but the website may be limited in the use of some features.
Dealing with Unsolicited Information
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd takes all reasonable steps to ensure that any unsolicited information is destroyed or de-identified.
Accessing your personal information
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd acknowledges that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer, please see contact details below. If access is refused to your information, as permitted under the Privacy Act, Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable and your options.
Complaints and disputes
We will ensure your complaint is handled by our Privacy Officer in an appropriate and reasonable manner. A written notice of our decision regarding your complaint will be provided to you. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Accuracy of Information
While Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected from you is accurate, up to date and complete, Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd will assume that any personal information provided by you is free from errors and omissions, is not misleading or deceptive and complies with all relevant laws. If you believe your information is incorrect, incomplete or not current, you can request that we update this information by contacting our Privacy Officer. Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd will correct information it has about you if it discovers, or you are able to show to a reasonable standard, the information is incorrect. If you seek correction and Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd disagrees that the information is incorrect, Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd will provide you with its reasons for taking that view. Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd disregards information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
Who should you contact for further information?
Please refer any queries or complaints about privacy issues to our:
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd
206 Burnbank Street, WENDOUREE VIC 3355
Phone:(03) 5339 2056
Fax:(03) 5339 2566
The Privacy Officer will endeavour to deal with your inquiry or query as soon as is reasonably practicable.
How this policy changes
This policy may change from time to time. A current version of this policy will be published on the Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd website. A PDF printable version maybe downloaded using this link.
Neale Goad Automotive Pty Ltd ABN: 36 071 243 402 – Last Updated: February 2017